Dental problems

Post here about your symptoms of Primary Hyperparathyroidism, any questions about symptoms of Primary Hyperparathyroidism.

Dental problems

Sponsor

Sponsor

Dental problems

Postby Jasmine » 30 Jul 2013, 07:31

Hi All

Just thought I'd add in my bit about teeth and stuff but in a new topic, as per Tigerlily's suggestion.

Yep, ditto for me! I've had problems with my teeth for years, mostly due to gum recession from bone loss which I (and my dentist) had thought might be down to previous thyroid disease, but in the last couple of years I have had considerably more plague build-up and, at my dentist's recommendation, I actually go for a check up with scale and polish every three months now instead of six to keep on top of it, especially as I've already had a couple of back teeth removed in the last couple of years because they had become loose in the sockets due to bone loss. It's so annoying as I've always been one to look after my teeth so to lose them because they are loose rather than decayed is really pants, to use the vernacular of my 16 year old! I've got a couple more wobbly ones too which I'm fighting to hold on to - feels like my teeth are slowly disintegrating!

Jasmine
Jasmine

Dental problems

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Dental problems

Postby NancyMI » 02 Aug 2013, 12:16

Jasmine,
When you have surgery this bad parathyroid process will stop and all the problems it causes, or most, will stop. Sorry you are having to experience this.

I can certainly relate to the plaque. It drives me up the wall :evil:
I have to go to great lengths to manage it.

Nancy
NancyMI

Re: Dental problems

Postby willsce » 08 Oct 2013, 05:26

Last year I had one of my teeth fall into pieces and had to get a crown. The dentist did x-rays and said my teeth were really clean and healthy but looked thin. I wish I thought of this earlier. guess I'll be calling my endocrinologist (and dentist for the x-rays) tomorrow.
willsce

Return to Symptoms of Primary Hyperparathyroidism